The dilemma of “what is the easiest way to lose weight” is an age old question. Our lives today don’t give us much time in our day to spend in the kitchen, measuring portions and figuring out how to put together healthy meals. In order to be able to share some simple weight loss tips, I put together some suggestions by Dr. Mehmet Oz which are published on his online website.
Here are 8 simple, sensible, and effective weight loss tips. They can easily be applied to every lifestyle and can be incorporated into your day without causing stress to your already busy schedule. These tips are tried and proven:
1. Don’t skip any meals! This can cause your body to go into starvation mode, which will make it difficult to burn calories.
2. Eat slowly. If you engage in conversation while you eat, you are less likely to fill up too fast.
3. Plan meals in advance. Making these decisions beforehand will prevent you from possibly grabbing unhealthy choices at the last minute.
4. Put together some “emergency” snack packages containing fresh fruit, sliced vegetables, or nuts to help you avoid unhealthy choices during your day.
5. Divide snacks into separate, fist-sized servings. Avoid eating them out of the box or bag they came in. You’ll be surprised how little you can eat to be satisfied!
6. Take a walk! Walking is good for your heart and your lungs, not to mention strengthening your leg muscles and even your abs! You can walk wherever you are, and it doesn’t require any special equipment except a good pair of walking shoes.
7. Enjoy your housework! Put on your favorite music and turn vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping into workout time. You will see results!
8. Use natural applesauce as a dip for fresh sliced fruit instead of a heavier dip.
These are just a few, simple ways to incorporate weight loss into a busy lifestyle. Another good rule of thumb is to plan your trip to the grocery store in advance, and create a list to bring with you that will help to guide you in planning easy, healthy meals and snacks.
Doctors at the Mayo Clinic sum up the subject of simple tips for weight loss by saying that the “key to successful weight loss is a commitment to making changes in your diet and exercise habits”. Simply and tastefully put.