There are different reasons for losing weight and obesity or being overweight is one common reason to want to lose weight. Why we need to lose weight includes to decrease the risk of health problems associated of being overweight, slim down after pregnancy weight gain, or simply to improve the physical appearance. Regardless of the reason, losing weight can be fun.
There are factors that will help us in losing weight which include eating a balanced diet, exercising often, and taking herbal or weight loss supplements that are proven to have benefits. There are many herbal supplements on the market for weight loss; however, some are unsafe. When side effect risks greatly outweigh the gain, you might want to reconsider if you want to take herbal supplements at all.
Couple the Methods
The best results come whenever a balanced diet, exercise, and herbal supplements are used together. Coupling the practices will produce the greatest weight loss success. Unfortunately there is not a magical medicine that will eat the weight off your body until you want it to stop; however, there are many things that will promote weight loss and weight maintenance.
Cleveland Clinic wrote: most herbal weight loss products work by “increasing urination and/or bowel movements, stimulating the central nervous system (speeds up the body’s mental and physical activity, or increasing serotonin levels, a chemical in the brain that creates a “feeling of fullness.””
The best advice is to use remedies that are natural and common. Some safe herbs that you can take in that are known to aid in weight loss include the following:
- Cinnamon has been known to lower blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels. Some say that a scoop a day will keep the doctor away. The sweetness also assists with hunger pangs to keep you from eating those cupcakes!
- Cayenne, according to Melanie McLean, “contains an ingredient called capsaicin.” This ingredient stimulates saliva and digestion. It also accelerates your metabolism at a safer level.
- Green Tea helps lose weight. “According to a study by Abdul Dulloo, from the Institute of Physiology at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland, the plant compound EGCG found in green tea, plus caffeine, increases thermogenesis by 84 percent.” Thermogenesis is the production of body heat with aids in weight loss!
- Seaweed is a natural thyroid stimulant. Also, it has been said that kelp or seaweed tends to reduce the amount of fat that is taken up by the body. Typically if you eat something that has 100 grams of fat, your body may only retain 25 grams or so.
- Ginger is a natural cleanser to clean out your digestive system.
- Cardamom improves your body’s ability to burn fats.
- Turmeric helps to prevent weight gain by limiting the ability for fat tissue to form.
- Acai berries are great energy boosters filled with rich antioxidants. Take something with this energy booster and you lackadaisical day will boost right up.
- Guarana has diuretic properties. Be careful when taking diuretics or laxatives, however. Over taking can lead to cramping or health problems.
- Cumin can give a boost of energy as well as Acai berries as mentioned previously.
- Dandelion is a natural diuretic. Basically it helps remove substances from your body that you do not need by kick starting the elimination of waste.
- There are many more not listed! These are just a few of the popular ones.