The most effective way on how to lose weight fast is to simply increase how many calories you burn each day while decreasing the amount of calories you eat. Losing a pound requires using about 3500 more calories than you consume. That means that if you eat about 500 fewer calories that you use each day, you should lose a pound in a week. That’s over 50 lbs. in a year, which is quite a lot of weight!
The best way to lose weight quickly is by eating healthy and exercising, but if you want to lose weight faster than 1lb/week, you’ll have to eat even less or work out more. Remember that you might risk causing your metabolism to slow down if you consume too little.
Starvation tactics, where you consume fewer than 1200 calories per day, can cause your metabolism to slow down, which can make it even more difficult to lose weight in the long run. Moderation is key; although some small lifestyle changes can help you quickly to lose weight.
4 Healthy ways to lose weight fast – This works:
- Try stopping eating out. Restaurants tend to fill you up on high calorie food, because it’s less expensive and tasty. Preparing your own meals allows you to control not just what ends up on your plate, but also how much.
- When you’re at the grocery store, don’t go down the chips and cookies aisle. If you don’t tempt yourself by walking past, junk foods are less likely to come home with you, and therefore less likely to be consumed. If you have to go all the way to the store to get some junk food when you’re craving something sweet or salty, the inconvenience could be enough to make you ignore your craving.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Keep it around 300 calories of a healthy protein and whole grain. A wholesome breakfast can keep your hunger under control so you don’t overeat at lunch.
- Start running. It’s the quickest way to get in shape. Many people find they get addicted to running, which only helps them stay on track and drop the pounds fast!
2 Things that will not make you lose weight:
- Even if you take the best weight loss pills, swapping regular soda for diet soda won’t help you lose weight. Diet soda and other beverages use artificial sugar which tricks your body, because there is not caloric value. You then get hungrier when your body realizes you’re not getting any energy from that sweet drink.
- Skipping meals can cause you to overeat and devour more calories in one meal than you would have if you had eaten balanced meals throughout the day.
More Information and Resources on How to Lose Weight Fast
16 Ways on How to Lose Weight Fast
4 Ways to Lose 10 Pounds 1 Week without Any Pills
How to Lose Belly Fat for Men: Tips for a Flatter Stomach
How to Lose Weight Naturally and understand weight control